Monday, October 5, 2009

The Ride

It was 4am sunday,
The sun had yet to rise,
I woke up early
Just for this ride,
Leathered up,
From neck to toe,
Timberland boots,
Arai helmets a go,
The air was cool and crisp,
As I fired up my bike,
The exhaust filled the quietness,
Woke up the neighbors from rest,
I double checked it over,
Kneeled down and prayed,
For this was the ride I looked forward to,
For many many days,
The engine was warm
I closed the choke,
Mounted my moto,
And off I go,
I felt so alive,
Every shift right on point,
No one on the street
But this maniac moto boy,
A passed 2 cops,
When I was going slow,
Once I saw the openings
I let the bike just… GO,
My heart was racing,
With each and every turn,
Tires were warm and ready,
As the fuel continued to burn,
I could feel every bump,
And road surface change,
This feeling that overwhelmed me
Things would never be the same
I got back home
An hour and a half later,
100+ miles passed,
two tanks later,
I layed back in bed
Just happy I made it

2005

No comments:

Post a Comment